Falafel Dragon Balls
I introduce you to my favorite meal ever! And that's called falafel, I'm you have heard about it!
for about 36 falafels
Chickpeas (350 gr.)
Onion (1 medium u.)
Garlic clove (1 big u.)
Breadcrumbs (2 tablespoons)
Baking powder (1 teaspon, aprox. 6 gr.)
Fresh coriander (2 tablespoons)
Fresh parsley (2 tablespoons)
Ground cumin (1 teaspoon)
Juice of a lemon (half a small u.)
Cold water (1 cup, about 160 ml.)
White pepper mill (a pinch)
Tabasco or ground cayenne (quantity to taste, optional)
Baking soda for soaking chickpeas (a teaspoon, optional)
Breadcrumbs or garbanzo flour to batter (optional)
Virgin olive oil (a little for frying)
How to do it
1. The eve before, put the chickpeas soaking well covered with water and baking powder, at medium temperature, we cover them and leave them on the coldest part of the fridge for 18 hours.
2. After that time, drain, wash and drain again.
3. Chop the soaked chickpeas uncooked in the American chopper or blender.
5. Add the onion, the garlic without the central germ, parsley, cilantro, salt and water, and chop it all.
6. Then, add the breadcrumbs, cumin, tabasco or cayenne, pepper, yeast and lemon juice, and continue beating until obtaining a thick but not too thin.
7. If necessary, add a little more breadcrumbs. It’s not usually needed.
8. Let it rest in a cool place for at least 30 minutes.
9. Tried salt and spicy, and rectify if necessary.
✻ You can spread your hands with a little oil or cold water for the next step.
10. Form the falafel, either in like little balls or crushing them, as you prefer.
11. Pass for breadcrumbs or flour and fry in abundant olive oil on medium high fire.
12. Once they look done, take them to a fountain with kitchen paper to lose the excess oil.
➽ Serve them as you want!!! Inside a pita, with hummus or baba ghanoush, even on a toast!
Why should you love it too?
☼ Chickpeas have many amino acids, that helps you form the proteins you need.
☼ They give you many energy! Kaaaamehameha!
☼ Garlic helps you defenses as ally of the immune system! 💪
☼ And, as it combines many spices and ingredients, it become a great suplement of your diet, rich in different kind of nutrients with many properties.
I hope you try to do it and enjoy them! For me that's the best lunch and dinner I can get. Feel free to witte your doubts or opinions on the comments.
Have a nice day!! :)
Laia Kai 💚